- Health and Development in Mozambique. What are the barriers to improving public health outcomes in the context of HIV and COVID-19? Funders: USAID; NIH.
- War Production and Indian Development. How did British demand for war materiel during World War II affect long-run industrialization in India? Funder: Michigan Institute for Teaching and Research in Economics (MITRE), Department of Economics.
- Religious Taboos and Obligations. What economic factors affect peoples’ decisions to join religious groups? Funder: MITRE.
- The Green Revolution and Global Population. How did the technological gains from the Green Revolution affect the size and distribution of population on our planet? Funders: MITRE; Population Studies Center (via NIH NICHD center grant).
- Virtual Jobs. What are the barriers facing new college graduates in Sub-Saharan Africa who seek to participate in the global remote (virtual) job market? Funder: J-PAL Jobs and Opportunity Initiative.